Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NYC Day 1, part 1

Well, I'm BACK! :) Here's some pictures from Day 1 of our adventures in NYC!!

First up is a view of the Palace Theater stage from the balcony, where Leah, Julia, and I had seats to see West Side Story. I still cannot believe I was at the actual PALACE THEATER!! Judy Garland played the Palace, people!! You can read a bit about this theater's fascinating history here.


Here's a display of old Palace programs we found in the theater after the show. So much history, I just loved it!


Leah & I after the show in front of the stage. We've been friends for like six years and this is our first picture together - sad, I know. LOL!


West Side Story poster on the theater's side doors. We apparently hung around too long because we were ushered out the side door, LOL! Loved seeing this poster, though. The show was fantastic! I have never been a huge fan of the West Side Story movie, but seeing the show onstage made me appreciate the show in a whole new light (and it's bilingual, no less!). I thought the leads were all terrific - I especially liked Matt Cavenaugh as Tony. *swooning now* :)



Entrance to the theater. More pics to come soon!

3 comments:

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

YAY! You're home! The pix are great ~ thanks for sharing! =)

I'm guessing you has a great time, huh? LOL

~ Lori

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Wow! The Palace is awesome! I'd love to go to NYC someday it looks like you guys had a blast!!

XOXO~ Renee

Unknown said...

We had a FANTASTIC time! I absolutely adored the theaters...I want to go back and see more shows!!! Like NOW!! LOL!