Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Coming Soon: Review of She Walks in Beauty

Just a little teaser about what you can expect to see on the blog after the INSPY Award winners are announced December 13th - check back that week to read my review of She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell. To whet your appetite, here's a bit about the novel:

During New York City’s Gilded Age…
The game is played amid banquets and balls.
The prize is a lifetime of wealth and privilege.
The rules will test friendships and the desires of a young woman’s heart.
Clara Carter is the social season’s brightest star…
but at what cost?

For a young society woman seeking a favorable marriage, so much depends on her social season debut. Clara Carter has been given one goal: secure the affections of the city's most eligible bachelor. Debuting means plenty of work--there are corsets to be fitted, dances to master, manners to perfect. Her training soon pays off, however, as celebrity's spotlight turns Clara into a society-page darling.

Yet Clara soon wonders if this is the life she really wants. Especially when she learns her best friend has also set her sights on Franklin De Vries. When a man appears who seems to love her simply for who she is and gossip backlash turns ugly, Clara realizes it's not just her marriage at stake--the future of her family depends on how she plays the game.

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooo I can't wait :)

Kristin said...

This book is next on my to-read list. :) I picked it up at my local bargain bookstore a while back. I read another of her books recently, "A Constant Heart," which was a little unusual and I'm not sure how I felt about it. So I'm looking foward to this one. :)

~Kristin

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

This is one of my favorite books of the year I can't wait to read what you think!

XOXO~ Renee

Unknown said...

@Juju - Thanks!

@Kristin - Curious to know your thoughts! I was pretty riveted by this one. :)

@Renee - Thank you! I can totally see how it made your favs list!